Guest blogger: Alicia Eisenbise, Social Media Specialist
Fire Prevention Week is October 6-12 and it’s a good time to think about your home fire safety plan. Show children the video and read the list for some fire safety reminders:
- Remove fire hazards.
- Keep a fire extinguisher handy in the kitchen.
- Install smoke alarms on every level of your home, inside bedrooms and outside sleeping areas. Test them every month and replace the batteries at least once a year.
- Have a fire escape plan and practice it at least twice a year.
- If a fire occurs, GET OUT, STAY OUT and CALL for help.
- If you live in an apartment/condo building pull the alarm to alert your neighbors.
- Keep children at least 3 feet away from stoves and always be attentive while you’re cooking.
- Blow out candles and store matches far out of reach of children.
These are just few tips you should be aware of, for more please visit the Fire Prevention Week page. Stay safe!