One thing comes to mind when September rolls around – Football! Today’s advanced technology has made it easier and more appealing than ever to create a media room that will make your home ready for game time. With home automation, sleek accessories and a plethora of entertainment options, gearing up for football season in comfort and style is all that much more attainable.
Media rooms have gained so much recent popularity that the latest fad landed at number five on REALTOR Magazine’s “13 Hot Home Trends for 2013”. This is one home improvement project that will make your home the talk of the town.
“Today’s homebuyers aren’t looking for the formality of their parent’s house anymore,” said Fran Broude, president of Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage. “They are willing to invest in areas of the home where they can spend time together as a family, enjoy and entertain.”
3 tips to transform an average room in to a media mecca perfect for entertaining:
- Less is more. It’s possible to keep your room looking clean and sleek with high tech devices that take the clutter out. Get rid of all the wires and remotes by investing in a home automation system where you can control everything with the touch of one screen or with one remote.
- Go big or go home. A media room should revolve around the big screen, so this is not the place to skimp. You can save on space by purchasing a flat screen television that can be mounted on to the wall, or even try a projection screen.
- Make it count. If you’re going to designate a space for entertainment, then make it useful to the entire family. A multi-media room can be used as a home theatre, sports room, game room, or just a relaxing spot to chill out and listen to music.
Media Rooms pictured above:
- This Glencoe home is listed by Jodi Handler Dickstein for $4.395M
- For $2.95M, this dream home can be yours. It is located in Northbrook and listed by Maureen Mohling