Tips for Selling Real Estate with Video
According to the National Association of Realtors, in 2012 only 4% of real estate agents post videos to sites like YouTube, but about 90% of buyers use the internet to search for homes. Is there potential for growth? Absolutely. Here are some tips to make video work for you:
- No shaky hands. We suggest either hiring a professional or doing your very best to make it look and sound professional.
- Announce in the video who you are, what you specialize in and the property address. People may stumble upon your video and if you don’t tell them this information, then who will?
- Keep it short. Don’t walk them through the entire house, just highlight the key selling features.
- Stage the home. Make sure every room you are taping is clean, tidy and staged. Also, review the video before you leave and redo portions that may not work.
- Make sure to film in the best possible lighting. Late afternoon sunlight is usually softer and more forgiving.
- A great title and description are key. When you upload to YouTube, it will ask you to give it a Title and Description. Be sure to use descriptive words, the address and don’t forget a link to the listing!
- Use social media! After you upload your amazing video, don’t forget to send it via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, your blog or any other social media channels you use.
Other great ways to integrate video into your marketing are creating an agent profile, recording testimonials and short videos about your community. Video is the wave of the future. Ride it!
Apps to Say “Thank You”
Saying “thank you” with a personalized card can make the right impression with a new or previous client. Imagine taking a snapshot of the new homeowners and then immediately sending a custom card. It’s something they’ll keep and you’ll be remembered. Here are some apps that make it easy:
Ink Cards: Personalized Photo Cards Sent in the Mail
Simply upload your photos, type a message and your client will receive a personalized card by you in the mail!
Red Stamp Cards
Send personalized photo cards or event invitations via e-mail, text, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or paper mail.
Cards: Beautiful Letterpress Cards
Take a quick snapshot and after a few taps and swipes an elegant personalized letterpress card is on its way to your client.
Storyboarder Postcard Collage
Create a collage postcard from multiple images, layout on a template and choose to email or mail your postcard.