One of my last posts, Are you running a business? talked about business planning for 2013, and how you should start getting your strategy set for the upcoming year. Well, it is always better to be a “Do as I Do” and not just a “Do as I Say” kind of person. So, I’d like to share just a few of the initiatives our team is looking at for helping our company (meaning your business) grow.
- Increase online lead conversion
- We will bring in over 140,000 leads as a company from our online partnerships this year, and the majority of those go to our listing agents. How well do you convert the leads that come into you now? We are working on new programs that will make it easier than ever to stay in touch with those online leads, keep cultivating the relationship and eventually turn it into a transaction.
- Grow awareness of our luxury brand and market share in that niche
- Previews International, our luxury division, has undergone a radical transformation internationally. We’re looking to capitalize on that locally and continue to cement our position as leaders in the luxury space. Expect to see a lot more advertising and marketing around what Previews means to a luxury home owner.
- Build a stronger agent community
- Some of the best ideas I have seen over the last few years have come from groups of agents getting together and talking about the business. At company and regional levels, we want to facilitate more and more of these discussions. As a 3,300+ agent company across four states, we have a lot of expertise to draw on. Brush up on your networking skills because you will need them in 2013.
- Continue adding the best agents to our team
- We only want the best here at Coldwell Banker, and we want the best to keep getting better. We have a great story to tell, and that needs to be shared with agents from other companies who haven’t made the right decision yet. It’s something our leadership team works on every day, and you can have a lot of influence on it. We have great incentive programs for bringing in productive talent, so check with your manager to find out how you can help.
- Find the next generation of real estate agents
- It’s no secret…there is a huge generational shift happening. Whether you call them Echo Boomers, Millenials or anything else, this is a massive population. It’s one we need to mine to find the next superstars of real estate. And, it is something current agents need to think about, too…unless you really don’t want to retire on that beach someday!
So, there is our plan. What do you think? And what are you trying for 2013?