– David Marine, Senior Director, Consumer Engagement, Coldwell Banker Real Estate LLC
The Masters. When I read that phrase I can hear Jim Nantz saying, “It’s a tradition unlike any other.” The green jacket, the beautiful course, Amen corner and all the wonder that comes with The Masters is back for another amazing run in 2012 and we at Coldwell Banker Real Estate wanted to how big of a role golf plays in showcasing a home for sale.
Let’s look at some stats from coldwellbanker.com:
- Currently there are 17,122 homes that talk about “golf” in the property description.
- 1,526 homes mention being on or near the “fairway” which is a place my golf game rarely finds
- There are 1,047 “eagles,” 244 “pars,” and only 4 “bogeys”
- A “caddy” is highlighted in 12 homes
- 4 homes reside on “Mulligan Drive” which for me is very appropriate as I wish I could take a mulligan on most of my drives
- 103 homes refer to the “PGA”
- And sadly, no homes mention “Amen corner” or “green jacket”
It’s pretty obvious that homes located near golf courses or that feature some kind of golf-related amenity are a pretty important selling point. However, any serious golfer knows that the most important part of your golf game is putting. Drive for show. Put for dough. So why not own a home with your own putting green? Here are three homes in the greater Chicago area that offer you’re very own green to fine tune your game:
775 Sunset Ridge Road, Northfield, IL 60093 – In Northfield, this spacious home has a 2-hole putting green for you to relive golf’s greatest moments on. Inside you’ll find 6 bedrooms, 4 baths and what listing agent, Maureen Mohling, calls a “smashing master suite.” Yes, please.
13151 W Hunt Master Ln, Lemont, IL 60439 – This home’s putting green even comes with a water hazard as it’s next to a koi pond as well as an extended patio with hot tub to relax a bit after a grueling afternoon on the course.
3055 Orange Brace Road, Riverwoods, IL 60015 – This amazing property has not just one, but a multi-hole putting green to help you master your golf game. After you’re done putting, you can head on over to the lighted basketball court to hone your jump shot or stroll over to the 7-car heated garage and take a ride to the destination of your choosing.